- digital cameras are easy to use and don't require a lot of equipment to set up, just point and shoot and the camera does the work for you
- if you use a digital SLR camera, you may want to bring one or two of your favorite camera lens with you
- look at scenes in a different light, try different angles
- take photographs of unique things like signs, funny shop names, distinct buildings, etc.
- take some closeups that include great background scenery
- think about the light that you're shooting in, is it soft or darker, where is the angle of the sun great pictures are captured by thinking outside the box, shoot at an unusual angle, perhaps lay on the ground for a cool shot, capture people in the shot
I hope this gives you something to think about and helps you capture some great pictures that you're proud to share.