Here are 5 of the Best Ways to Lighten Your Luggage
1) Only take with you the clothes and items that are really necessary. We suggest laying out all of the clothes that you are planning to pack, if one of your shirts or blouses only goes with one pair of pants or shorts then you might want to leave that shirt at home. Clothes should be easily mixed and matched in order to get the most benefit out of them.
2) Shoes... (ladies you know what we're talking about here) Do you really need six pairs of shoes for a two week vacation. Realistically 3 pairs of shoes should work with all of your outfits. I know that seems unreasonable but lets face it, you we're probably going to be buying some shoes on your trip anyway so consider packing less.
3) Weigh your luggage first empty and then with your belongings. Many suitcases have extra heavy wheels or parts that already make them weigh a lot so find the lightest but sturdiest suitcases you can to avoid extra costs when checking your bags. Even the carry-on bags must be no more than 4 kg! The airlines have changed their policies on bag sizes and it is pretty easy to over pack your bags and exceed the weight limit.
4) When packing toiletries for your check in bag consider smaller sizes, those big oversize bottles of shampoo and conditioner add extra bulk and take up unnecessary space in your suitcase. Purchase small reusable bottles and take only what you'll absolutely need. Hotels usually provide basics like shampoo, conditioner and soap. If you prefer your own brand just bring a smaller version of it, you can always buy these items at drugstores or pharmacies on your trip.
5) Save space in your luggage by packing efficiently. Roll your clothes, this actually helps prevent wrinkles and will give you extra room in your suitcase. It gives a nice clean look to your suitcase and makes it easy to find what you're looking for too, this is a bonus when you need to pull something out of your luggage.
Well there you have the 5 best packing tips to ensure your luggage will be lighter!