Packing cubes or bags can keep you organized and keep like items together so you can find them easily and these cubes also help free up space in your luggage.
Rolling your clothes is another great tip that can allow more space in your suitcase and also keeps your clothing free of wrinkles. This is one that I do all the time and it really works.
Having a Checklist will keep you organized and help you not to forget important things.
1) Passport – keep a spare copy of your passport and birth certificate with you and leave a copy at home with someone in your family.
2) Shoulder Bag – (ladies) a good bag that has an adjustable sturdy shoulder strap, allows your hands to be free and is safer. For the (guys) maybe a money belt or a ‘man’ bag…
3) Some cash or correct currency and Credit Cards – take enough with you for the first couple of days, and a back up credit card to be safe.
4) Pack light, once you’ve decided on your clothes, leave one outfit behind, you’ve probably packed more than you’ll need. (I know this one is hard)
5) Pack vitamins, ibuprofen and any stomach or nausea medication you think you might need.
6) A few random things I’m throwing in… band-aids, large zip lock bags, safety pins, neck pillow, hand sanitizer