1) Location of the hotel is probably the first priority for most folks, especially if you want to be in walking distance to the attractions that you'll be visiting.
2) Being near transportation such as buses, subways, sky trains can be important for those who will be making use of this type of travel.
3) Price is the next important factor to consider. You know the saying 'you get what you pay for' the same is true for what you're willing or can afford in the way of hotels. It is good to compare and read as many reviews as possible to help with your choice here.
4) If you are a frequent traveler then past experiences in hotels will probably speak to your judgement when it comes to selecting your place.
5) If arriving by car you'll want to check out the parking areas of the hotel, do you pay extra for parking and is the area secure? Be sure to ask these questions when looking into a hotel.
6) Check the star ratings as most Hotels use this system to let you know the quality of the hotel. Is it economy or more upscale.
7) Amenities - check out what the hotel offers and what is an extra cost. Is a pool and fitness area important to you? How about a hotel restaurant and room service option?
8) If you plan to bring your pet along be sure to find out if the hotel is pet friendly before you arrive.
9) Finally, it's good to check the cancellation policy of the hotel you are booking, you never know when something unexpected puts a hiccup in your travel plans.
Travel luggage tags